Master Fund strategy:
Efficient management of complex portfolios
Master fund management solutions facilitate the management of aggregate investments and the controlling of investments. Several special funds are grouped together to form a single fund, the Master Fund Management Company, with the segment funds managed independently of one another.
A highly automated "straight-through" process ensures the efficient coordination of activities between the areas involved (fund management company, advisor/manager, broker, custodian bank).
Advantages of the Master Fund Management Company
- Uniform reporting
- Uniform performance measurements
- The fund management company is the central contact partner for matters such as
- distribution and coordination of timing
- deposit and withdrawal of capital
- Greater flexibility in changing managers/advisors
- Reduction of depreciation risk
- Lower costs for auditing and publishing annual accounts
As part of our Master Fund Management Company service, we also offer a central risk overlay management. For all investments held in a master fund, an investor may stipulate a valuation floor which shall not be breached on a given date. In a central overlay segment, the risks of changes in interest rates, credit ratings, share prices and currency rates over all segments are constantly monitored in terms of a value-at-risk assessment.